high pressure SAXS

A small corner of the web dedicated to the pursuit of non-ambient SMX. This rather loosely includes: superstructures, charge density, variable temperature (both ultra high and ultra low), high pressure, gas and vacuum and of course excited state (laser, LEDs and bright lights).
Trained Monkey

high pressure SAXS

Post by matsmcfly » 19 Feb 2018, 09:42

I have had a quick search online to find examples of SAXS experiments performed under high pressure conditions. So far I have not found papers that make use of a conventional DAC for such experiments and I am trying to figure out why this might be.

Does anyone on here perhaps have experience with SAXS work at high pressure and can shed some light on this for me?

Thanks in advance.

Sealed Tube With Optics

Re: high pressure SAXS

Post by Arianna » 19 Feb 2018, 14:01

I'm curious too. Could it be that a DAC causes too much background for having an interpretable SAXS? I think Diamond Compton scattering + hydrostatic fluid + sample = mess...

Sealed Tube With Optics

Re: high pressure SAXS

Post by CMBeavers » 02 Mar 2018, 18:55

We have attempted HP SAXS on our beamline, but our conclusion is that most SAXS beamlines/practitioners want an "untouched" beam, with as little divergence as possible. Most HP beamlines have optics to produce a microfocus beam, which adds beam divergence after the sample. The background is an issue, but as with HP PDF, can be (mostly) accounted for with a second sample chamber to act as a blank.

Return to “Non-Ambient”