third party vendor for microfocus tubes?

Basically this forum is for posting information about new products or new applications for products, updates to hardware or as the title suggest general hardware related stuff. Manufactures you can even post your latest toys here!
vmlynch

third party vendor for microfocus tubes?

Post by vmlynch » 26 May 2016, 16:35

Does anyone know of a third party vendor for a microfocus X-ray tube? I can usually get a lower price on a conventional tube by looking for generic suppliers. I have an Agilent SuperNova that just lost the Cu microfocus tube. Depending on the replacement cost, I may be required to get alternate bids.

Vince

nils
Rotating Anode

Re: third party vendor for microfocus tubes?

Post by nils » 27 May 2016, 07:13

I would advise against it, considering the cost if it doesn't work. The electronics and mechanical fit change quite often, sometimes even within the same product line. You could say it's not in the interest of the manufacturers to let customers pick alternate tubes...
Also some manufacturers include the installation in the price, if you can do it yourself you can maybe get a significant discount.
I really wish they'd offer repairs, it should be possible to just replace the target?

Ricciardi

Re: third party vendor for microfocus tubes?

Post by Ricciardi » 23 Oct 2017, 08:23

I have to agree with Nils. I've been burnt once and I'm not making the same mistake again.

Return to “General Hardware”