Location: Wrocław, Poland
Salary: Competitive package
Closing Date: October 16, 2017
Rigaku Oxford Diffraction is an international manufacturer of scientific instrumentation priding itself on being a customer relationship focused business whilst offering the best in engineering and software solutions. The advertised role will be based at Rigaku Polska, located in Wrocław, Poland.
In your role as an application scientist, you will be responsible for training users worldwide on the operation of their instruments and conducting demonstrations at our new demo facility in Poland. Your ability to produce high quality scientific reports tailored to the exacting standards of customers will be a key part of your job. As an application scientist you will be required to communicate our message to other scientists by way of presenting at conferences and user meetings. The ability for you to travel both in Europe and outside of Europe is essential and it is estimated that travel will be no more than 50% of the time.
You will become the face of Rigaku Oxford Diffraction, promoting through science our single crystal X-ray diffraction equipment. Your ability to share with others your enthusiasm will be advantageous to the business by forging bonds with scientists. Your knowledge of the current market situation for single crystal X-ray diffraction will be beneficial in helping to understand how to engage customers.
- Working with the sales team to conduct demonstrations for customers
- Produce reports in a timely fashion after the demonstration
- Training users on software and how to best operate the hardware
- Maintaining the instrument(s) in the laboratory
- Maintaining the user forum and responding to queries
- Attending and presenting at conferences and user meetings worldwide
- Providing feedback to the software team
- Assisting with marketing activities
- Managing to completion smaller individual projects
You will have good knowledge of using X-ray crystallography as a research tool and be able to engage customers in a positive and enthusiastic manner. Attention to detail is critical for accurate reporting of scientific facts.
- Ph.D. in a relevant scientific field
- Experience operating single crystal X-ray diffraction instruments
- Skilled in data processing and structure solution of single crystal diffraction data
- Excellent people skills to interact with both colleagues and customers
- Accuracy in delivering reports
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Good knowledge of chemical crystallography preferred
- Experience in both protein and chemical crystallography would be beneficial
- Experience maintaining single crystal X-ray diffraction instruments
- Proven experience presenting to a scientific audience
- Written and spoken fluency in German
- Polish language skills would be an advantage
- Employment contract in a stable, international company
- Attractive social benefits package (private medical care, Benefit Sport card, group insurance)
- Motivational salary system